166 E 200 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Mon – Sat, 9am – 6pm
Gallenson's Guns and Ammo
In 1916, Russian immigrant and tailor, William Gallenson, and one of his uncles, William Paver, started Gallenson’s as a tailor shop at 128 Regent Street in Salt Lake City.
In 1925 the tailor shop was turned into a gun store and pawn shop.
In 1930 the shop moved across from the Capitol Theater, to West 200 South.
After a series of location changes during the 1930's and 40's, the store moved to 220 South State Street in 1948, where it would remain for the next four decades.
In 1990, after 42 years on State Street, Salt Lake City decided to redevelop the area and purchased the property. Gallenson’s had to move again, this time, to its current location, 166 East 200 South, just around the corner from the old State Street location.
Gallenson's Guns and Ammo is Utah's gigantic little gun shop.